Every purchase enables us to raise funds for our favorite marine conservation causes (Surfers Against Sewage & Billion Baby Turtles) and helps us the message of the need to protect our oceans and reduce plastic consumption.
We get many messages from customers asking what more they can do individually to help the cause. As Ocean Helper is not a charity we don’t accept donations but we do encourage you to raise funds or donate directly to your favorite ocean charity.
Cleaning up the ocean is a global problem which needs the co-operation of the World’s governments and businesses, but there is still lots you can do on a local level to help reduce the impact of plastic pollution and encourage others to do the same.
Neville Murray from Facebook collecting rubbish on the beach.
Bellow are some of our suggestions of ways you can help.
- Reduce your single-use plastic consumption & encourage your friends/family to do the same.
- Support your local marine conservation and environmental projects
- Organise a beach clean
- Lobby local businesses, stores, and restaurants to reduce their use of single use plastics.
- Write to your government representatives to express your views on the plastic problem and implore them to take action.
- Sell Ocean Helper Bracelets to raise funds for your local beach projects.
We love hearing your news so please share your events and fundraisers with us at email@example.com and we’ll help promote it or send some goodies to support it.
Together we can all work on cleaning our oceans.